Together with the sales team, responsible for attaining the team's annual sales gross profit goal by planning and managing a client's program within pricing and gross profit parameters.
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- Minimum (2) years work experience in the DMC industry
- Knowledge of venues and supplier/partners in the Santa Barbara area and ability to locate new venues and supplier/partners
- Able to manage multiple details and programs involving complex details and deadlines;
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment or work independently, as team needs dictate
- Excellent mathematical skills, i.e., calculating percentages for proposals using mathematical equations
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- At the direction of the Sales Manager develop creative program ideas for client programs that are cost effective, involve multiple supplier/partners and venue sites according to specifications of client and promote client retention.
- Prepare, proof, edit and complete all sales proposals and correspondence before being sent to client.
- Play an active role with the sales team to ensure the sales and gross profit goals for their team are met or exceeded.
- Interact with team on use of best venues, supplier/partners, events, etc. for client's programs and budget needs.
- Develop, research and maintain new and existing business relationships with supplier/partners, negotiating rates and confirming their services.
- Prepare Client Contracts and collect payment for programs before the program file is transitioned to Operations.
- Prepare the program file for transition to the Operations team, filing documents in their proper order and completing appropriate forms.
Represent the performance team when needed on site inspections with clients.
- Lead qualification in the absence of the Sales Manager and act accordingly.
Provide assistance to clients when Sales Manager is not available, returning phone calls or e-mails promptly.
- Notify Sales Managers of all opportunities and other unusual matters and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Play an active role ensuring that sales tools, tariffs and computer information on venues, etc. are current, complete and available for team to use at any time.
- Attend and assist facilitation of 3-5 AlliedPRA events/activities per month to "see the finished product."
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
The Account Manager position has authority to initiate actions and program decisions within established guidelines.
Influence on Costs and Sales:
The Account Manager makes decisions that directly impact program costs, percent of profits, sales and client retention, employee retention, and sales team morale.
Must have current driver's license.
Able to travel to event sites as needed
Able to work evenings and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Will consider candidates experience for a remote office environment with the understanding that destination specific training would be involved
Compensation: Based on experience and competitive industry standards
Reply to: email@example.com
< Back to Listing